Today I went to my bestie's house to get my mehndi done. Its a tradition for alot of indian weddings and it is a fun, woman bonding kind of event. Of course 2 boys snuck into our party and 6 hermaphrodites tried to sneak in but didn't succeed( I need another blog to explain why hermaphrodites do this but its harmless). Alas I couldn't take too many pictures as my hands were getting beautified and I joined 3 year old triplets in stuffing our faces. Yes I roll with 3 year olds. They take me more seriously(¨,)
Tomorrow I will attempt to wear a sari. You asked so don't say I didn't warn you!!!
My hand with the mehndi still wet.
Beautiful vegetable seller.
My look for the day.
The bride's hand.
My Look
Dress thrifted
Belt thrifted
Bag from Korea
Sandals Zara
Chain YSL keychain strung through black suede thread
Sunglasses stolen from Korean lover
All pictures by Stylestyx(Me).
Did you know the boys +hermaphrodites? Why do they try to sneak in, you don't need another blog, give me a culture fix pleeeeease! hehe So curious. LOVE the mehndi, it's so intricate!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOOOOOOVE the dress. Wondering where u got it ?!
ReplyDelete;)
Hey Sarah the boys we knew of course!!! The hermaphrodites basically come to sing and dance after which they are paid a sum of money. This is because they are thought to bring good luck, symbolize man woman union and most fear their curses. It is all a big superstition but part of our culture. There you go! hope that gives you a little insight.
ReplyDeleteYes Bonie! As I said I am in the proces of starting an online store and this dress was orignally for that store but I liked it too much!!! Guess that doesn't say much about my business sense haha
ReplyDeleteP.S. No need to wonder(Double wink back)