Thursday, May 26, 2011

China we have a problem!

So the other day my friend David sent me an image through bbm that caused me to literally fall off my chair laughing. What he sent me was an image of my face (From an old editorial I shot for Marie Claire India) on cushions being sold in Paris. I of course saw moneybags because french copyright laws are strong. Unfortunately on visiting the store I found out that its manufactured in China. Pfffff! How can I a little indian girl stand up to the chinese mafia??? As if thats not enough, to add even more salt to my wounds I find out that my price on the streets is just 29 euro. I somehow thought I'd be worth more. Guess I don't give good enough face.
Laugh with me.

That is my friend David.  And what he is holding up is what some people are resting their asses on right about now.


4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're becoming famous everyday indie !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. China is a signatory to the Berne Convention which is one of the legal basis' of International Copyright Law. See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright#International_copyright_law
    I doubt you would be able to enforce it in anyway though, it would only be the holders of the copyright presumably Marie Claire.
    Hope that helps! Great picture though :-)
    - WMS.

    www.wardrobeofamillionairestudent.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least it's one damn pretty cushion!! ;))

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Wms thanks so much for your concern but I don't really think it will go anywhere. However your concern makes me feel superduper nice(¨,)

    ReplyDelete